First and foremost, we must locate for
you a suitable property-one which fits your style and expectations. To assist us, please fill out our questionnaire.
But then what? Rather than be left on your own to discover the
details through trial and error, the following discussion checklist
will be reviewed as part of your retained relationship with us,
so that you will be in a better position to understand the options
and possibilities of real estate ownership on Anguilla. All discussions
are focused on minimizing your effort and risk-maximizing your
return and enjoyment.
- The Government Policy
on Land Acquisition by Aliens - present conditions, potential
trends; underlying philosophy.
- The Alien Land
Holding License--obligations, requirements, potential penalties,
- The Cadastral System--land
registry restrictions on Alien land ownership and rights, establishing
- The Fiscal Requirements--Alien
land transfer taxes, stamp duties, annual property taxes, innovative
- The Legal Options--Anguillian
corporations and Anguillian real estate, Alien company Ownership;
- The Closing Process--various
purchase and sale agreements and arrangements; implementing contract
safeguards for Aliens;
- Financing Opportunities-local options
via banks and mortgage companies.
- The Permitting Process - fees and requirements
of the planning and building boards; electricity,
water and cable connections.
- The Construction Process - architects,
engineers, construction managers, contractors; professional
terms of reference.
- Immigration and Labor Policy
- permanent residence requirements, belonger status, works permits.
Please note: Supporting
documentation is available and provided.